Today is the last day of this year’s Nonfiction Writers Conference, and Mark Coker of Smashwords led the way with clarity and brilliance. When I’m not resuscitating other people’s blogs, I teach yoga and write about yoga and do yoga. I mention this because I have an Introduction to Yoga book that I’ve been wondering how to share with the world. I’ve been digging into options for about a year now, and had dismissed Smashwords early on. Boy, was I wrong!
Coker’s exposition and download of wisdom was so clear, generous and inclusive, I now understand the options, processes and best practices. I’m glad I didn’t just decide early and go with my first ideas, because I could’ve created all kinds of problems for myself. In the last hour, I’ve figured out which of my works I’ll offer free, which to charge for, how to offer and how much to charge! Again, the best seventy-five bucks I’ve spent on my business, probably ever, registering for #NFWC (I did register early).
Ok! Gotta run. Dvorah Lansky just started her talk on how to hold a virtual book tour!
Oh! One more thing: I’m tweeting the conference if you’re interested to check out the play by play. Being there is tops, of course, but if you’re seeing this after the fact or just want to check it, I guarantee you’ll find some nuggets of wisdom there. Not mine, just the mouth piece – lots of direct quotes and some awesome references. Let me know in the comments if you check it out!
- Angles in yoga and other practice (yogaguide.wordpress.com)
- Why Every Athlete Should Do Yoga (insymmetry.wordpress.com)
- Your cover art matters. (Don’t just take my word for it.) (quirkygirlmedia.com)
- A beautiful experience (feridee.wordpress.com)
- Mark Coker Piece on CNN Today, Concerning Book Pricing And The Industry (k1ypp.wordpress.com)
- Nonfiction Writers Conference #NFWC (writingsupport.wordpress.com)